Oh my gosh. I don't want to take too much stuff, but we'll need lots of stuff. I want to take a pair of jeans and wear a pair - how would that do for 22 or 23 days? not very good I guess. Maybe 17 days - I can do laundry in Nova Scotia. That's about 8 or 9 days per pair. Ugh. Guess I'll bring 2 pair of jeans, which will give me three. I will be wearing the same pants and shirts as long as I possibly can. But then there's the other plethora of items we'll need. We have two cases of 5 hour energy, those little bottles get heavy in numbers!!
And then there's all the camping stuff, or sleeping stuff I should say... and hot weather gear, and cold weather gear, and rain suits and rain boot covers. I think if we get rain, we'll be pretty lucky because that would mean no extreme heat, or at least we'd be cooled down while riding in the rain. We have to plan for rain because we can ride pretty hard and fast in the rain - we don't stop unless we really cannot see anything at all, and even then we still ride for a while. If we have rain gear, we'll be good to go and may even have a leg up on some of the riders, so we will be prepared. I don't expect it to get very cold, but it can be in the 50's on the way up to and in Nova Scotia, at night and that is pretty cold on a bike.
By the time we get up there, we'll be pretty desperate for good conditions so I'm planning on being as warm and comfortable for those last all important couple of days.
We have tons of stuff to pack and load. When we get to Mesa, we'll have to unload our bikes and repack them back on at like 3:30 -4:00AM on the day of departure, what a drag that will be. But truthfully, we'll likely be so damn excited to finally be getting on the road after waiting so long, wondering, reading, learning, guessing - it will finally be time to give it what we got.
No comments:
Post a Comment