So much has transpired since my post. I really do hope to keep this blog updated, but we'll just have to see how that goes. Busy, busy, busy. We've got our wonderful neighbors to take care of precious Betty and look in on Emma and Norman, feed them and scoop their box daily. How blessed we are to have them. So lucky.
We have gotten more sponsors, let's see... Ride-On tire protection stuff, T-Bags luggage, Riderswraps, Long Ride Shields, Missing Link and as of today, Harley Davidson of Dallas. All of these people have agreed to give us some free stuff, very cool of them. We are especially pleased to be able to add our designated dealership to the list. What a relief. Although they are not doing a true sponsorship like many shops around the country are, they are providing us with some things we need, and will be slling us more stuff at a discount. Paul Langford is being very generous and I can't express how much that means, because he is the sponsor of our HOG Chapter and our chapter is a major part of our lives. We want to support the shop and now we can fully. I was feeling a little unhappy about the situation but it was all made good today and we couldn't be much happier.
So, back to friends...I'm starting to feel uneasy about the spotlight being on us. I just don't want what we're doing to be so dominant in conversations. Of course, it's all I've been able to think about, sleeping, waking, working, driving - it's always on my mind - Hoka Hey! It has overcome me, I am totally consumed by it. But I don't expect everyone to be - so it's just a little awkward I guess. I hope we are not being too-too with it...
Today we were out most of the day riding in 100+ degree temps. I couldn't help but think about going 800 miles or more in it, and then sleeping in it without getting a chance to cool down. Yikes. The heat waves are all over most of the country, it's really HOT. I hope we, especially I, do alright. Louann is worried about my heat tolerance - I wish she wasn't because I wiull the best I ossibly can and that's all I can do. Sleeping in it, and not being able to get out of the heat will be tough but I imagine we'll get used to it. Humans have a way of acclimating to all kinds of less than desirable situations so this should be the same thing, right?
The other day our T-Bags stuff came in the mail. WOW - they gave us two of the top of their line luggage bags, plus two map holders that mount on the tanks, plus 3 really cool t-shirts each, plus chapsticks (24) at least, a couple of koozies, patches, stickers, magenets, and tote bags! hey are our primary product sponsor so we'll be sure to try to be seen in pictures wearing the t-shirts and hopefully with our bikes with the luggage on them. They had patches sewn onto them before sending them to us, pretty cool, that makes them even more special. NOW we can finally start packing which is what are going to do tomorrow. It's going to be quite a task to figure out how to pak optimally. I am not brining many clothes....
No comments:
Post a Comment